Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Step 2: Noting your insignificance.

We have established why you are annoying and the truth behind your worthless determination to enter the group of people you find most valuable. Now it's time to notice just how small this problem is. The key to maintaining depression is to play a game of moral ping pong. Let me explain.

When you want to be successful, you are bright and determined, but also very selfish. You want popularity and attention. You want that future. Sadly, others are denying you of that. *The ball is served.*
This is a selfish desire. There are people in South Africa starving, and others being bombed. Wars and famine and other such terrifying things are happening around the world. Are you really worried about what other people think? *ping*
Yes. You very much are. You must bring honer and fame to your family name. You must be the most amazing of all. If you are not the apex then you are fated to a life of poverty. You will always be considered loathsome. Nobody will come for you. *pong*
Are you saying that that homeless people are nothing? Are you saying that they are not people because they are not the best in some line of work? Do you truly believe that being poor means that you are useless? *ping*
No! What I'm saying is that I need to be in the top of my field, even to get by. This world has changed. I can't just make something of myself when I leave high school. I need to save for collage, and that will take up a great deal. If i do volunteer work I will have no time for a social life, if I wish to finish my homework. I could go down an academic rank but that will look atrocious on my resume. So I can either do things outside of school, or with my friends but not both. If i attempt to then I have no time for sleep therefore failing to function at maximum capacity. *pong*

You get the picture.
You can only handle a few problems at a time, and yet you decide to let them all float in your head at once. It's the only way you know how to function; but nobody cares. It's not their problem that you don't know what to do with your life. What's the point in sharing it nobody really wants to help, or just pities you. Nothing is going to change, try as you might. This world is a paradox. Good luck finding the way out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

please keep it clean.